31 May 2022
7:00PM - 9:00PM
Joan Chittister osb will speak at a Catalyst Forum in North Sydney on 31 May 2022, from 7pm.
Topic: The Time is Now: A Call to Uncommon Courage
MC: Geraldine Doogue AO
For over 30 years, this beloved American nun has been an outspoken advocate for social justice and fervent proponent of personal faith and spiritual fulfilment. Drawing on the wisdom of prophets, ancient and modern, Joan offers a soul stirring guide for all who feel disillusioned and dissatisfied with the power-hungry institutions and systems of this world, helping us confront the societal forces that oppress and silence the sacred voices among us. Her prophetic views on justice and equality, especially for women in the church, challenge those who would silence women and people at the margins. Joan will help us to rediscover the place of religion in our society through a spirituality of engagement. This is spirituality in action; this is practical and powerful activism for our times.
“The time is now. The time is for reflection on what we’ve lost in life, yes, but for what we have left in life too. It’s time to begin to live life fuller rather than faster”.
Joan D. Chittister, The Sacred In-Between
Seating is General Admission. This event will commence promptly at 7.00pm. Please be seated by 6.50pm.
Monte College is located at 128 Miller Street, North Sydney.
Catalyst Forums are held in the McQuoin Hall.
North Sydney Station is less than 15 minutes walk from Monte.
Numerous bus routes serve Miller Street and Pacific Highway. Buses from North Sydney Station use Pacific Highway, alight at Berry Street.
Plan your route: https://transportnsw.info/trip#/trip
There is no on-site parking available. Parking in surrounding streets is limited by time (metered) and clearway restrictions. Public car parks are available at:
– Ridge Street, opposite St Mary’s Church; fees apply M – F: Evening Flat Rate after 6pm $10.00; walk 8 minutes via Ridge and Miller Streets.
– Ward Street, off Berry Street; Evening Flat Rate after 6pm $10.00; Weekend Flat Rate $10 per day; walk 5 minutes via Berry and Miller Streets.
– Wilson Parking, 213 Miller Street, until 10pm, commercial rates.
– Wilson Parking, 124 Walker Street, open all day, commercial rates.
– Secure Parking, 54 Miller Street, 24/7; commercial rates.
– Nicholson Street, Crows Nest; 2 hours free then modest rates; 15 minutes walk via Pacific Highway.
– Also in Crows Nest, the Burlington St car park above Woolworths is open 24/7, 2 hours free then charged.